Sunday, 14 July 2019, 2-5pm,Tokyo
The final event location at the ICC venue will be announced. ⇒Scope
- Infographics in Atlases: Concept of definition and classification
Vít Voženílek, Vondráková, A., Koníček, J., Barvíř, R.
Palacký University Olomouc, Czechia
- Erwin Raisz Atlases – an early multi-method approach to cartographic communication
Leibniz Institute for Regional Geography (IfL)
- Exploring Personalization of Infographics and Stories in the Atlas of the Ageing Society
FHNW University of Applied Sciences and Art Northwestern Switzerland
- Juxtaposing Government and Social Media Data in Delivering Responsive Geospatial Information via an Online Atlas Services: A Case of Criminal Graphics in Jakarta City
Trias Aditya1, Muhammad Gunawan1, Dany Laksono1, Menno-Jan Kraak2
1 Universitas Gadjah Mada, Indonesia, 2 University of Twente
- GeoInfographics: an Integrative Information Design Model to Promote Thematic Atlas Innovation
East China Normal University
- Infographics in Digital Thematic Atlases – Possible Applications
- Modern storytelling through infographics in early statistical atlases
Swiss Federal Statistical Office FSO
After the workshop, PDFs of the presentations and further findings will be published on the CoA website.
A paper publication of selected contributions will be envisaged.
If you wish to attend without presenting or want to be updated personally, please register your interest by informing the organizers.
Atlases, Cognition, Usability: ICA Commissions Joint Workshop
Date: April 27-30, 2018.
The ICA Commission on Atlases in cooperation with the ICA Commission on Cognitive Issues in Geographic Information Visualization and the ICA Commission on Use, User and Usability Issues invite to a Joint Workshop in Olomouc, Czech Republic on April 27-30, 2018.
Workshop Website http://spring2018.upol.cz
CoA Business Meeting in Washington D.C., U.S.A.
04. July 2017 [11:40 – 12:30]
Washington Marriott Wardman Park Hotel
Room: Maryland B
Organization: René Sieber
We will present and discuss the achievements of the atlas commission during the last two years.
A special focus will be on current CoA publications and on future activities.
Save the date!
Everyone with interest in atlases is welcome!
Image: Joint Commission Workshop on “Atlases and Education” 2016
Pre-Conference Joint Meeting in Washington DC: Atlases, History and Toponymy
28-30 June 2017
The focus of the meeting will be on historical maps in all kind of digital and printed atlases. The meeting will be held in cooperation with the ICA Commissions on History and Toponymy.
Organization: Imre Demhardt.
⇒ More information.
Mapping Asia: Cartographic Encounters between East and West
15-16 September 2017
More information about this International Symposium on the History of Cartography which is jointly organized by the Leiden University Libraries and the ICA Commission on the History of Cartography can be found on the conference website (http://blogs.library.leiden.edu/mappingasia/) or on this website under Leiden 2017.